- Dental Specialist – Oro-Maxillofacial Surgeon & Implantologist
- Head of Dept. of Dentistry & Oro-Maxillofacial Surgery @ Saraf Hospital, Ravipuram, Kochi
- Clinical Master in Immediate Loading Implantology – International Implant Foundation, Munich, Germany
- Fellow of The Indian Society of Oral Implantology (FISOI)
- Fellow of the Indian Board of Maxillofacial Surgeons (FIBOMS)
- Fellow of the International Congress of Implantologists (FICOI – USA)
- Recognized Basal Implant Expert of International Implant Foundation (IF), Munich, Germany.
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD – USA)
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy (PFA – USA)
- Graduated from Annamalai University Dental College, Annamalai Nagar, T.N. – BDS – 1990
- Completed MDS – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 1994 under the guidance of eminent surgeon and teacher – late Prof. Dr. B.Srinivasan
- Gold medallist and best outgoing student from the Annamalai University Dental College in the year 1990 with Gold medals in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontia and Periodontia.
- Recipient of the Colgate Palmolive merit awards, LPKR Ramanathan Chettiar Endowment Prize.
Responsibilites held in professional bodies
- President of IDA Kochi branch during the year 2004-’05
- Hon. Secretary of the Indian Dental Association, Kochi branch 1998-2000.
- Has held various posts in the Indian Dental Association, Kochi branch: Scientific Committee Chairman, CDE committee chairman, Vice-President and Executive Committee Member
- Scientific Committee Chairman at the AOMSI Conference held at Kochi in 1999.
- Worked as Associate Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the VMS Dental College, Salem– 1995.
Member of the following Professional Organizations:
- Life member of the Indian Dental Association (IDA)
- Life member of the Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI).
- Secretary cum Treasurer of the Dentofacial Esthetic Center (DEC), Saraf Hospital.
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD), USA.
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy (PFA)
- Founder member of the Kochi Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Founder member of the Trauma Life Support Society (TLSS)
- Founder member of the Social Security Scheme of the IDA.
- Member of the Tamil Nadu Dental Graduates Alumni Forum
- Member of the Lodge Susrutha, Kochi
Other profession related activities
- Published several articles and delivered lectures on General Dentistry and Oral & Maxillofacial surgery.
- Attended several conferences, continuing education programs and seminars on Dentistry and Oral & Maxillofacial surgery.
Personal interests, hobbies etc.
- Trained in South Indian Classical Music – Vocal and Percussion.
- First place in All Kerala Percussion (Eastern) Competition held at Ernakulam in 1984.
- Best Cadet of the 21 Kerala Battalion NCC(Army)–Senior Division Boys Wing –1985.
- Has won prizes in various music competitions conducted at the school, collegiate and university levels.
- Received the Dr.Veerabahu Runners up award for All Round Activity (IDA Kochi branch) for the year 2000.
- Received the Keki Mistry trophy for the best scientific activity among IDA Local branches for the year 2000
- General Secretary of the Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital Council – 1988.
- Undergone basic training in Yoga and Meditation under experts.
- Active participant in social service league activities.
- Life Member of the Chinmaya Mission – Nettapadam Road, Kochi-16.
- Patron of the “Rasikapriya” Cultural Society – Ernakulam, Kochi.
- Life member of the Regional Sports Centre, Kadavanthra, Ernakulam.
- Member of the Bharat Vikas Parishad
- Member of the Rotary Club of Cochin Midtown
- Promoter of the PIK Websites Group
- Dr. Prasanth Pillai is the son of Dr. K.S. Pillai, a senior dental practitioner who has been practicing for more than 40 years at Narakkal and of Late Mrs. Saraswathy Pillai who retired as the joint director of the National Employment Services.
- He is married to Dr. Sreeja Prasanth, a dental surgeon and blessed with a son Vivek and daughter Neelima.